In Year Transfer


page break colour 1

In Year Applications

Families, who move into the Vale of Glamorgan, during the academic year, will be required to complete an ‘in year transfer’ form requesting admission to school.Copies of the form are available from St Richard Gwyn Catholic High School.

Families may also wish to apply for a place at a different school for other reasons. If you are not moving house, you should talk to the school about the reasons for a change of school. There is a significant amount of research which shows that changing schools is disruptive and can have a negative impact on a student’s achievement. There are many reasons for this. Therefore, it is important that careful consideration is given, particularly in the case of pupils in Years 10 and 11 who would have made their GCSE choices. The ‘in year transfer’ form would have to be completed for the transfer to be considered.

A request for a school place will normally only be considered for the start of a school term, after discussions have taken place to resolve any issues and reports from the previous school have been considered. During this period your child should remain at his/her current school.

For more information please click here


page break colour 1



Click here